Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Honeymoon! [Part Two- Continued]

Well, herein lies that last installment of these Honeymoon photos you've been so eagerly waiting for! I know you're thinking yeah, yeah, yeah, we're sick of those mushy gushy Bennetts and their whirlwind adventures... So, I'll make this short and sweet. This bit of the wonderful Bennett family blog has two parts!

Part One: OH Say Can You Sea? (cheesy, I know, but hey, you gotta love it!)

On our final full day in Greece, we enjoyed an excursion to three different islands, each uniquely beautiful and completely adorable in their own ways. This was also convenient, because, as it turns out, on this day, the entire nation of Greece, mostly Athens, went on strike. What a day to get outta the way- eh?

So, here we are, touring the Poros, Hydra, and Aegina...








We totally rode donkeys through Poros! Yee-Haw!





Husband decided to be a photographer on the donkey ride, and he was a dang good one, if I can say so myself.







This is so cool, the island of Aegina is architecturally separated into three major time periods (according to Mr. Tour Bus Guy). Shown below are medieval buildings atop the green mountains...

Now onto... Part Two! The Journey Home: 26 Hours of Pure Joy (not).

We flew from Athens to Switzerland to San Francisco to Home (Yikes!)


 The Switzerland airport had these fun underground trains connecting terminals!


 Please note: every abuse will be punished.


Fact: The was some sort of security issue. Every single passenger in the airport terminal had to leave and re-enter security. Fun times.


The whole super-ultra-uber security thing seemed weird when on the plane they gave us metal utensils, knife included.


12 hours of entertainment right here!


Look! We flew across the world!

So there you have it! Okay, okay, it's not all there.So, here are some last random pieces of our adventure to Greece.

Some pretty capitol buildings:


And a journey through Greece through the eyes of consumption, or, a food tour! Here are some Greek traditions:

Loukumades

I can't seem to remember the name of this one...


We stopped at the open air meat, fish, and produce market on the tour- that was neat-o! (Fun trivia: I was visually molested during the trip to the fish and meat market, and, I'm sure if I could speak Greek, I would have been deeply offended)

And here are some more fun and random tidbits of the trip:

A pretty church


 The Temple of the Greek God Zeus!


annnnnd now folks, do you see that tiny hill up yonder in the distance? That would be the earlier hill we climbed... mentioned here


And finally, our favorite sign.Catering to a certain group? We think so...

That's all folks, for real this time, hope you enjoyed at least a tenth as much as we did [that would be a lot]

We love you! Soon again friends 

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog! It allowed me to come to yours and I love it! I love travel and this looks like your honeymoon was amazing! I've always wanted to go to Greece!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Ah! You're my first comment! Wahoo! *Que happy dance*

Thank you so much! It WAS amazing- you should totally stick it on your bucket list, especially Santorini! We would go back to Santorini.

P.S. I love your blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...