It's the week of Christmas, and we both have nasty colds. So, we're getting Chili's for dinner because I'm too sick/tired to cook and we have a gift card. Also, there may or may not be a huge chunk of red velvet cake in my purse, that we may or may not eat later with spoons in our pajamas. Because sick people need to keep their energy up.
See that? Hidden in the back there? That would be Hubband, playing drums at this local joint, The Big Bang. We love this place, very fun! Hubband's wife sleuthed found a way to get his talented butt onstage. Great Adventures people!
P.S. Please excuse my dear aunt sally. Wait, no. That's not right. Please excuse the massive photobomber invading the right side of this picture. He was not there when I started taking it. Now, that folks, is pro photo-bomage.
I've recently listened to this and this by Louis CK. First of all, that man is funny. But, in these skits, he's addressing the overall lack of contentment in our relatively plush society. It's stand up, but honestly, he did get me thinking, how much do I take for granted? We have so many blessings to be grateful for!
[Warning, the links above have some "bad words" in them]
Forgive me, I'm really tired today, which is resulting in massive writer's block. Bleh.
So, I had been training for the P.F. Chang's Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon here in January, but with the injury, then getting sick, that's just not going to happen. I mean, like I'm only up to 5 miles when I should be at 10 not going to happen. So, I was pretty dang bummed about this fact, and hubband, being the sweet guy he is, offered a very surprising solution.
Seriously, what a guy! Get it? He's going to run the Surf City 1/2 Marathon with me! So, we're signed up and ready to go! Happy Training to us!
On a side note, Hubband's work is doing a Biggest Loser competition, and being the competitive guy he is, he didn't want to miss the fun! So, he's competing, and now you're thinking, what?! I've seen this guy! He can't lose weight! (Mcseriously. Tell me about it.) He's not! He's trying to gain! And man oh man, is that boy eating. And, also, he's doing P90x, which, yes, can be used to gain.
So, being the supportive wife I am, I'm doing it with him. We're not doing all of the videos, we're cutting back on the leg stuff what with the half marathon trainingness. But, let me tell you, this, my people, is insanity. I should also tell you, because I don't want to hear it, we're being really careful. I've been at this whole work out thing for a long time, we know how to listen to our bodies and we know what and how much to eat (a lot). We're being super careful, grown up people, don't you worry!
How's your fitness been? Anything insane to share? No? Just us?
Someone, probably one of our silly friends, left this by our back door one night a week or so ago. Hubband would not let me say anything on anywhere about it, because "that's what they want". But, he's declared the blog safe territory. If you can't see the note, but it said something along the lines of "Here's a decoration for your future home" but more clever. I don't remember, and the... thing? Well, it's gone. Like forever I think.I don't know, hubband said he "took care of it" because it scared me and "not to worry". Mysterious, right? But it did freak me out. Reminded me of something a serial killer would do. Me thinks too much Law and Order might be happening to my brain. Anyone else notice how my wordless Wednesdays are seldom wordless?
1. I've had bowls full of anxiety this week. Big bowls. Someone recently suggested St. John's Wort. And bubble baths. And wine. And Blue Moon. Those all sound great to me...
2. Speaking of bubble baths, I have this thing with bath tubs. Like, they gross me out. I can't bathe at hotels, or in our criz-appy apartment bathtub. They just seem so dirty to me. Am I a complete freak weirdo? Anyone else have this issue?
3. We just returned from ze vonderful cabin! We celebrated our 6 month anniversary! I know, it seems silly, but half a year is kinda a big deal! More on that laterz
4. We did end up going out on Black Friday! We got some much needed clothing items!
5. I was really sick last week, and it's because of pride. Mcseriously. My dad was sick on Thanksgiving, and when he tried to stop me from sharing a drink with him, I said, "I never get sick!" and BAM. GERMS INVADE NOW. That's kinda how it went down. I'm better now though. Stupid pride germs.
6. Hmm.. Running out of randoms here. That always happens doesn't it? You always have really cool, amazing, incredible, awesometacular things to say until you start writing. Hubband got a hair cut. That counts, right? He's less werewolf-y now.
7. We're in the process of moving. Story of my life. But this story has lots of boxes and mess and more mess and boxes and everything is EVERYWHERE. We're hoping it has a happy ending though.
9. We're kind of behind on the whole Christmas card scene. Hubband started designing them but the project has since fallen behind. And please, no one mention the word "Shutterfly". The man would not have it.
10. We also haven't decorated for Christmas. Because then we'd have to clean. I don't wanna talk about it.