Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Flubday

Well, happy Fitness Friday folks. Unfortunately, I don't have the time energy klout pictures for the post on me currently, so I'm choosing instead to amuse you with witty prose. My apologies for the severe lack of postage as of late, but I assure, we'll still here, having adventures, wreaking general havoc, and  having a blast in life. Ya know, the usual. And we can't wait to tell you all about it.

This week was a short one for the hubband and I. We opted to take Monday off for the great MLK (an option at both of our jobs) and we spent time with family and purchased some brand spankin' new running shoes for hubband. We're just a few weeks away from the half marathon and we're stocking up and getting ready for the big race!

(sorry, I already think this boring)

Our days as of late, kind of go like this. Wake up, eat breakfast, head to the job-thing, come home, run, sleep, and repeat. Obviously there are rest days in between the running, but then we're just so spent from the craziness of our lives, the most we can do is hop in bed and chill out with the boob tube.

(really, I apologize, I'm trying here. How could I make this more interesting? An explosion? A murder mystery? I know! Movies! Everyone likes movies!)

We recently saw, "We Bought a Zoo", and uhm, consider this girl's life changed. Really. That movie is the reason I still go to movies. There is hope for cinematic adventure after all! Tonight, we've got a double date with my best friend and her husband to see either "The Descendents" or "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". (O, the adventures we have!) Has anyone seen either? Any thoughts? Preferences? General opinions about movies or the constitution or civil rights? Okay, okay, moving on.

Also on the agenda this weekend is a Zumba class with my lovely sister and we're volunteering with my parents at  a local homeless shelter. Also, there will likely be more boob tubeage mingled in with all that fun. And probably some Super Mario Brothers, because we are, in fact, twelve.

Alright, I'd better stop before I start talking about cats. Which I'm allergic to. Oh crap, I just talked about cats.

Okay, really, how about you, world? Are your weekend plans actually exciting or adventurous? (please?). Or would you like to talk about cats? Oh, crap.

Probably, I shouldn't have this much espresso in the morning.

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've been wanting to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've read all of the books and their pretty good. I just watched the swedish versions of the films and they were OUTSTANDING!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

i'm doing a half marathon in may! I'm super excited about it.
we watched we bought a zoo, and in the movie, it's set in san diego (we live in between san diego and LA) so the whole ride home, i was telling my husband to take me to that zoo! we would do a day trip, it would be awesome...then we got home and realized the actual zoo is in england or something...and it was only set in san diego area for cinematic effect. I was so pissed.
okay, *end rant*
(btw, i haven't seen either of the other two movies you mentioned, so let me know which you end up picking and if you liked it)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...