Friday, February 24, 2012

Fitness Friday!

So, two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and decided it was time to drop some of those married-lady pounds I seem to have acquired since saying “I do”. I honestly don’t remember those being in the vows…
Notice, the emphasis on only one half of the marital unit dropping lbs, the other half has been undoubtedly blessed in metabolism-area, shall we say.

So, I put on my big girl [workout] pants, put down the proverbial donut, stifled those remaining excuses, and kicked my recently-acquired-voluptuous-booty into gear.

I’ve been tracking my calories through Sparkpeople (I’m adrienneeb7, be my friend!!!) I know many enjoy My FitnessPal, but I have a good thing going with Sparkpeople and I like it a lot.

I started last Monday, and, for the most part, I’ve stuck with it! I “cheated”, i.e. went over my calories twice, but I’m trying not to sweat it. Meh, 80/20 right? We have however, started every morning with a "green monster smoothie". They're so tasty and I love feeling like I'm starting my morning healthy!
 
Nevertheless, it seems to have worked, because in the first week, I lost 3 pounds! Wahoo! It seemed like a lot to me but:

A.     A. I’m not complaining
B.     B. As it was lovingly pointed out to me, the first week often reflects more significant loss.

We had hoped to get some work outs in this week but that, uhm, well. Yeah, we failed (minus sort of running on Sunday).

So, the goal this week is to get our bodies moving and [for just me] to keep on trekking tracking.

How are your fitness goals going for you? Does anyone else out there use My Fitness Pal or Sparkpeople?

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Well I post-poned my fitness JUNK while pregnant. BUT, I was using my fitness pal for 3 weeks before learning of such pregnancy and giving up and had already lost 5lbs! I loved it and will be starting promptly after our LORD willing last baby ;)

Carla said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Glad you stopped by my blog to check it out...and glad I've found a new blog too! Keep up the hard work. After this baby comes, I'll probably be looking for some fitness inspiration...!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...