Friday, February 10, 2012

Half Marathon Weekend Adventure! (and it's on Friday- That Makes this Fitness Friday!)

To start off, basically, you people are amazing. Now onto the gory details.

We left for California Friday morning, eager and ready for the big race weekend!





Hubband got bored all artsy with the camera during the six hour drive.





After arriving and checking in, we walked down the street, to a small sushi place we had seen on the way!

Yummy!


The sushi chef (who was so nice!) recommended this creation, a unique roll...


I didn't like it, but Hubband appeared to enjoy, didn't he?!


The next morning, we headed down the street, to Huntington Beach, the race site (amazing!) for the pre-race expo

Finding our numbers!



After grabbing our race gear and some sweet swag, it was off to the beach, and the day was perfect!
We found the beach!


My toes found the beach too.



Hubband and I then found some other pretty amazing things and had ourselves a lovely beach date...







Followed by lunch at Ruby's on the Pier


After our spectacular beach date, we enjoyed an evening with my beautiful cousin Sheri, and we had so much fun, we didn't take any pictures! 

Before we knew it, it was race day!

We prepared those war faces and battle grunts




After finding a place in the line-up, we had some time to kill.



Those T-Shirts we talked about.



Shoe love!


Pretty soon, we were off!









Alright, I know, I'm a creeper for taking this picture, but her shirt says: 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
And let me tell you people, at mile 8.75 those words were beautiful and necessary.
She probably doesn't know it, but this woman was a bles-sing!


Moving on...



What's that? Oh, nothing, just the view from the race. That's all. (I KNOW, RIGHT?)


These two signs are beautiful, freaking beautiful. We have a really good relationship, these signs and I. We're bosom buddies. Friends for life. Mcseriously.


The finish line!


"Okay baby, gimme your ' I just finished a half-marathon' face"


We behaved for this photo because a stranger took it. (And, it looks kind of awkward for us, doesn't it?)


Our joy after making it the mile to the car. Poor planning, I would have to say.


Thus concludes our journey to the half marathon. We did it, and when things got tough, we imagined you wonderful people, standing on the side line, cheering us on, just like you did with your comments. So, in all seriousness, thank you, for helping us get there. 

Now, celebrate with us, because we RAN A HALF MARATHON PEOPLE!

Good work friends.

Also, this happened on the way home.


That's all.

2 comments:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I am glad you talk about how hard the half marathon is. I am training right now, asnd today I ran three miles and I was pushing myself every step of the way. does it get easier!?!?!? i don't know how I'm going to make it to 13.1 by May 6

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats on the half marathon!! I love that you found a sand dollar!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...