- · We spent Valentine’s weekend (it was the weekend after V-Day in our minds) at hubband’s family cabin. It was a tad snowy and perfectly lovely.
We had adventures. Okay, mostly, we did nothing. But, it was the sort of nothing you do while pretty snow falls outside.
- · I really love to cook, really cook, but only when I have time to
pull out every single cooking utensil in the housetake up some space and make some food from scratch (well –ish. I mean, we’re not pioneers over here. This lady buys her enchilada sauce in a can. You get the point.) This usually leaves me really "cooking" on vacations and weekends. At the cabin I made homemade enchiladas and salsa, and hubband fell in love with his Mexican wifey all over again.
- · Tonight, I am making this recipe, and I’m really excited. I recently made the baked oatmeal- it’s delish!I love all the healthylicious recipe ideas!
- · I’m really pumped to weigh in tomorrow. Is that weird? I know it’s weird. But, I’ve been doing well for over a week now, except for last Saturday, when I
indulged splurgedengorged myself on some delicious See’s chocolates. O, chocolate, why must you be so dangerously delicious?
- · I’ve been having some blogger drama as of late. Like, If-I-get-the-“an error occurred while trying to save”-message-one-more-time-I’m-tossing-le-computer-out-of-le-window drama. In other news, I’ve recently reaffirmed that I’m the least patient person in the world.
- · The hubband-guy is going to be away for the evening doing some IT-Work at his mom’s school. My plans? Dinner, wine, and copious amounts of Army Wives.
- · Yesterday ended up being one of those can’t-get-anything-right-ever type of days. Luckily, I can happily embrace my imperfection, which my sister-ladies are all-too-happy to encourage. Example:
- · Hubband and I have some super, ridiculously awesometacular news to share, but can’t just yet; we are dying to share too. No, we’re not having a baby, but still, the metaphorical duct-tape-over-the-mouth is killing us.
- · My bestest lady friend ever however, recently announced that she’s expecting baby # 2. I couldn’t be more thrilled! I’m so excited for her and her husband (and their sweet, little big-brother-to-be) and for their whole new adventure in parenting.
- · We “ran” 5 miles Sunday evening i.e. we attempted but ended up walking 1/3 of it. It was the first run since the half marathon and the lighter pace was generally appreciated among all parties; read: we were tired. It did, however, feel absolutely spectacular to get out there. I am further reminded that running provides the outlet I need to de-stress and act like an adult again. No, seriously. Running=my therapy.
That’s ten folks, and consider this brain dumped. Salutations amigos. Happy Tuesday!