Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ten for Tuesday (The Brain-Dump Edition)


  • ·         We spent Valentine’s weekend (it was the weekend after V-Day in our minds) at hubband’s family cabin. It was a tad snowy and perfectly lovely. We had adventures. Okay, mostly, we did nothing. But, it was the sort of nothing you do while pretty snow falls outside.
  • ·         I really love to cook, really cook, but only when I have time to pull out every single cooking utensil in the house take up some space and make some food from scratch (well –ish. I mean, we’re not pioneers over here. This lady buys her enchilada sauce in a can. You get the point.) This usually leaves me really "cooking" on vacations and weekends. At the cabin I made homemade enchiladas and salsa, and hubband fell in love with his Mexican wifey all over again.
  • ·         Tonight, I am making this recipe, and I’m really excited. I recently made the baked oatmeal- it’s delish!I love all the healthylicious recipe ideas!
  • ·         I’m really pumped to weigh in tomorrow. Is that weird? I know it’s weird. But, I’ve been doing well for over a week now, except for last Saturday, when I indulged splurged engorged myself on some delicious See’s chocolates. O, chocolate, why must you be so dangerously delicious?
  • ·         I’ve been having some blogger drama as of late. Like, If-I-get-the-“an error occurred while trying to save”-message-one-more-time-I’m-tossing-le-computer-out-of-le-window drama. In other news, I’ve recently reaffirmed that I’m the least patient person in the world.
  • ·         The hubband-guy is going to be away for the evening doing some IT-Work at his mom’s school. My plans? Dinner, wine, and copious amounts of Army Wives.
  • ·          Yesterday ended up being one of those can’t-get-anything-right-ever type of days. Luckily, I can happily embrace my imperfection, which my sister-ladies are all-too-happy to encourage. Example:
  • ·         Hubband and I have some super, ridiculously awesometacular news to share, but can’t just yet; we are dying to share too. No, we’re not having a baby, but still, the metaphorical duct-tape-over-the-mouth is killing us.
  • ·         My bestest lady friend ever however, recently announced that she’s expecting baby # 2. I couldn’t be more thrilled! I’m so excited for her and her husband (and their sweet, little big-brother-to-be) and for their whole new adventure in parenting.
  • ·         We “ran” 5 miles Sunday evening i.e. we attempted but ended up walking 1/3 of it. It was the first run since the half marathon and the lighter pace was generally appreciated among all parties; read: we were tired. It did, however, feel absolutely spectacular to get out there. I am further reminded that running provides the outlet I need to de-stress and act like an adult again. No, seriously. Running=my therapy.

That’s ten folks, and consider this brain dumped. Salutations amigos. Happy Tuesday!


4 comments:

Kelsi said...

YAY for Jess and her boys!!! :D I'm going to have to lurk your facebook page frequently to find out what the surprise is... :)

bhalinka said...

You can't post you have secret and then not tell me. Do you know how unfair that is?? Now I NEED to know. Yes, NEED. It is a must. Do tell :) Or at least tell me when I can know...

Adrienne said...

I wish I could share! But it's not time just yet ;) And Kelsi, I am SO excited for Jess and the boys! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Girl, I feel you on the blog problems. Everytime I try to do those captchas they tell me I was wrong. UM NO! lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...