Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We Have a Request



We've been in training-mode.


We've been carb loading

We've been practicing our war faces and battle grunts


We've been... Making T-Shirts!

You guessed it people- we're running a half marathon this weekend! That's 13.1 miles FYI. The furthest we've ever run. Ever.

So, being that our race is oohhh, 403 miles away from home, give or take, we won't have any familial or friend support at the race.

Which brings us to our request.

Won't you, you lovely, beautiful (have you lost weight? You look incredible!), awesometacular readers, you [pretty please] leave us some bloggy-love in the form of encouragement?

But seriously,

Please?

I think we can survive the race without your love (probably not though) but encouraging comments sure would help :) (don't they always ?)

Because, I don't know about hubband, 13.1 miles sounds like a lot to me.

I can't even imagine how it'll feel.

Gulp.

(Originally, this post had pictures. Really fun, cute pictures. But, Blogger and I are in a fight. A serious fight, and I was never able to get them to work. Also, I decided my sanity wins over the pictures. My sanity>blog pictures. Makes sense. Sorry folks!)



17 comments:

bhalinka said...

Huntington Beach! At least you get to run near the ocean by one of California's best beaches :) Take in the ocean air for me please? You'll be just fine, I'm sure it will be super fun because you'll be in an awesome place! Oh, and take pictures - since I can't be there I might as well pretend I am. And you can picture me cheering you on as you run through the race! Miss you curly haired twin! (and you too Jordan) Love you!!

Wendy Martz said...

You can do it! You're going to be spectacular! You've trained for this and you're ready! Go team go (that's the extent of my cheering ability). I hope you have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

You can do it team Jordadrienne!!!! You've trained hard and you will go great!!!! Love you both tons!!! Love mom

PIXbyemily said...

" I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics." - Lightning McQueen

PIXbyemily said...

" When I say go, we go. But don't let Frank catch yeh. Go!" -Mater

PIXbyemily said...

"Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning." -L. McQueen

PIXbyemily said...

"Git-R-Done!" T. Mater

PIXbyemily said...

"Oh, for the love of Chrysler! Can we please ask someone for directions?" -Minny

PIXbyemily said...

"Where are you? I can't even find you on my GPS....Yeah, that's great, kid. Playtime is over, pal." -Harv

PIXbyemily said...

"I must scream it to the world, my excitement from the top of someplace very high." -Luigi

PIXbyemily said...

“Hey, it's only one lap, guys. Uno lappo…No pit stoppo. Comprende?” –L.M.

PIXbyemily said...

“I haven't seen a road like this in years.” –Ramone

Adrienne said...

Thank you all! You're so sweet! We're feeling quite pumped! :) Emily, I LOVE the quotes :)

Nicole Marshall said...

Emily is officially a dork, my friend...but a dork ;) well what to say....proud of you!! Can't believe you got Jordan running. Jealous, but a good "GO U" jealous!! Imagine me with a bliss banner at the end....
"you did it!"
Love u!
Nicole

Karen said...

You should drag Kristy with you. She ran it last year and has an aunt that lives there. Wish we could be there to cheer you on!! I know you will do great!!! <3

Lindsey said...

Good for you!! That is so exciting!!!

Karen said...

RUN Jordadrienne RUN !!!! Then head on over to Ruby's for a milk shake:)*. Proud of both of you for working so hard towards this goal.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...