Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Little [Awesome] Clinic

So yesterday afternoon was kind of a hot, crazy, chaotic mess. I've been sick all week and yesterday I finally caved in and left work early, because of the sickness plague. Because I'm a s-m-a-r-t lady, I called my doctor immediately to see if they could fit me in for a same-day-sick-kinda appointment.

Well, apparently, my doctor's office doesn't take real-live phone calls anymore. You know, those ones where you call and and another human answers and you chat for a little bit as humans tend to do? Those ones. So, I left a message on their new fancy-shmancy answering mess and waited for a call back. And waited. And waited. And WAITED. After 2.5 hours of waiting, I decided my mom suggested I just go in. So, after searching through the wilderness parking lot (why can't I EVER find this place?), I finally made it in, and they had no openings and apparently didn't get my message. Probably my lame-o cell phone's fault, but whatever. Anyways, so this lady was not about to pay a $75 dollar copay for Urgent Care, but I felt like I needed to see someone. That's when I remembered someone, out there somewhere, telling me about The Little Clinic. I decided to try it; I'm not one to turn down a new adventure.

In Arizona, the Little Clinic is in Fry's Food and Drug (a part of Kroger) so that's where I headed. Honestly, heading over, I was a little weirded out about the whole situation. I was about to head to a doctor... located next to the baking goods aisle. And, honestly, it was a little weird. I found it (next to the Pharmacy and basically a mile away from where I parked- duh and of course) and checked in.

(I totally took pictures. I figured, hey, another adventure to document! Plus, it was weird. We all like to share weird things)


So, yeah, here is where I sat documenting my personal information while grocery-shoppers wheeled by with their milk and bread. Birth date, policy holder's name, and a dozen eggs?

The wait wasn't long, maybe 20 minutes, and the nurse practitioner (they're the BEST!) running the one-[wo]man-show was awesome, detailed, and so attentive, quickly diagnosing me with a sinus infection. After a few minutes of being in her office (clinic? exam room?), I forgot I was even in a grocery store. You know, until someone came over the intercom announcing a sale on rotisserie chicken and cucumbers. But, in all seriousness, the NP was fantastic  and they only charge for a regular office visit copay with my insurance. Also a bonus, she sent my prescription for antibiotics right over to the Pharmacy, so I didn't have to wait long to start kicking this evil infection's boo-tay. In the event that my doc isn't able to take me in again, I'm totes headin' over to the little clinic again.

We're best buddies now.

A friend in a time of need. 

Mcseriously.



(In case anyone is wondering, this isn't one of those fancy review-guys where I get money for checking out this bid-ness. I really just thought they were awesome. 'Sides, I'm pretty sure those guys at the Little Clinic don't know who we are over here at LLF [pst! that's short for Laughing Living Forgiving, aren't acronyms fun?] Okay, I'll stop now).

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Argh those darn clinics, I went to one last summer. I hope you feel better!!!

Jeff said...

I think these little clinics, walk-in clinics, and the such are the best way to go now. They are a perfect place when you can't get into your doctor, and the emergency room isn't an option.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Totally feel you on that copay! I had to go to urgent care when I got strep last month and it ended up costing me 135.00 dollars! That little clinic is the way to go!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...