Monday, April 23, 2012

Date Nights

When we first got married- no- scratch that, when we had been married long enough to say, "holy cheese balls this is fracking hard batman", we sat down with one of our pastors and he gave us some solid marital advice from a pro.

Among all the advice, was this golden ticket of wisdom, in so many words: get out of the house! He recommended (and we totally agree here over at LLF), getting out once a week, even if it's just for a walk or a cup of coffee, because home is where stress lives. And it is much easier to get away from home than to get stress away home, right? This translates into weekly date nights for us. Some of our best conversations [ever] have happened on weekly date nights.

We haven't always been awesome at getting date nights together, but lately we've been working hard to make this a priority in our relationship. Plus (duh) it's fun!

A few weeks ago, we used Restaurant.com gift cards we had gotten for Christmas to check out a local wine bar



With live music! Hubband asked him to play "Brown Eyed Girl" *swoon*


They had a nutcracker. Which is odd.


Ooops... Caught breaking the date rule. (No phones!)






Their bruchetta was YUM!






They had a really nice bathroom! So... I uhm, took a picture. But it was really nice!


 Look! They even had cab numbers on the mirror! So cool :)


Later, while perusing Target (which I guess is the basis for any good date) we found this! Optimus Prime hanging out with a bad crowd!


So, we of course, helped him to make some better life choices.


It was a good date! I like the guy, I think I'll probably go out with him again ;)

What do you do on dates? Are they important to you too?

10 comments:

BlessedMama said...

Oh girl I completely agree. Date night is essential unfortunately "we" never get a date night. It is sooo hard but it should not be that hard if we really want to do it. Ya know? Thanks for sharing and reminding me just how important it is :)

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Seriously great advice! I got the same, Don't stop dating your spouse!

the Rosones said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Date nights were so much easier before we had a baby! However, I definitely see the importance of date nights - that is something that needs to become a priority again. I think we forget how much fun we do have with our spouse, and date nights bring that back again. Thanks for the reminder!

Lindsey said...

What a fun date night!!! Love it! You guys are seriously super cute together.

Garth and I make it a point to do a date night every week. Even if it's just getting take out and a movie!

The Lehmann's said...

That is such great advice! The husband and I have been married for nearly 7 years and it's so easy with life to forget to take some time away from home to just remember and enjoy each other.
Looks like y'all had a great time!

tandemingtroll said...

I love the quote "it is much easier to get away from home than to get stress away home, right"

That is so true! We have been going on more date nights now that our oldest is old enough to be in charge and we don't have to pay her as much as a regular babysitter. They get movie night and we get to eat out and have conversation uninterrupted. It is very nice. Sometimes, we even double date.

tandemingtroll said...

Oh, and one more thing, I like your taste in beer!

Adrienne said...

Hahaha! Thank you :) They are important!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Date nights are definitely a good idea!! Long term dating is hard let alone marriage!

A. Faith Golden said...

I'm SERIOUSLY glad I found you or you found me whichever the case was. I love reading your post!! :) Also, I wanted to tell you that LG (the hubs) and I have started taking dance lessons (totally hilarious by the way) and I am now keep track of what we learn/do in dance class at lgandfay.blogspot.com if you would like to follow this crazy journey we are on..lol.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...