Sunday, April 22, 2012

God's Green Earth,and also, The Weekend!


If we're friends on Facebook, sorry, you've likely already seen this, but here is a little bit about our stance in regards to this [to us] significant day:

      Environmentalism to me isn't about being pretentious or judgmental or forcing my personal beliefs into the lives and choices of others. What it is about to me is creating a clean and sustainable future on this earth for my children and taking care of what God gave me, which is why I make certain choices such as trying to avoid things like paper towels and plastic water bottles and bags. This is not to say that I am anywhere near perfect, but I do understand that small consumer choices can make an impact in a global way.

Happy Earth Day friends!

(I feel that it's imperative to note that an acquaintance of mine -read: Facebook friend- had a birthday today, so I wished her happy bearthday. Haha, get it? Because her birthday is on earthday... no? And sheesh, I mentioned Facebook twice [now three] times already, I assure you, I am not working for Mark Zuckerberg). That's a lotta run on sentences. Moving on.

Now, about that weekend. Sorry to report that is flew by after all. Bummerific .But it was good.

Friday

We actually treated this Friday night like any typical evening. We needed to be up early in the morning and wanted to avoid missing out on sleep. Because we're forty.

Saturday

We woke up at the ripe ol' hour of 6:00 AM (perfect for a Saturday) but it was for a great reason. We headed to our favorite city, Tempe, for the Pat Tillman Race. It's a wonderful cause that we're more than happy to contribute to. Check out their website if you're interested in hearing more. It's a 4.2 mile race, and you know, because we're super-spectacular go-getters, we trained all of two times for this race. This ended up working out, because the friend we were running with had the stomach flu this week, and her brother, also joining us, has a training routine strikingly similar to ours. So, we showed up Saturday morning ready for a 4.2 mile walk, but I guess our friend was feeling better, because we ended up doing a mixed jog/walk. Because we're winners. And let-me-tell-you, we were the best walk/runners you ever did see. Ever.









[love Tempe]




Post-race, we had some lunch, watched Limitless (really interesting movie), and got ready for a wedding! My best friend Jessica's brother (got that?) got married this past Saturday! Jess and I have been friends since the third grade and I'm sure my regular readers can recognize the name, as she's been mentioned quite a bit on LLF. But being that we've been friends so long, I'm practically a member of the family, and when hubband came alone, they naturally welcomed him in as well. They're a wonderful, close-knit group, so we were excited to share in the celebration of another sibling getting married!

And I straightened my hair!



Sunday

We woke up early (uhhh-gan) to serve and worship at church, and the set list this morning was BEAUTIFUL. It was a blessed morning of singing, community, and God's great love. We are absolutely LOVING our new campus. Post church included swimming with the best again (told you she's around a lot!) because it was 103 in Arizona this weekend. And finally some relaxin and laundry. Boo laundry. The end.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a busy but super fun weekend! Yay for a church you love and pretty straightened hair!:)

Ashley said...

what a fun weekend- charity runs and weddings! Perfect!

Lauryn said...

I love your Earth Day shout out! I couldn't agree more. I actually wrote something very similar on Sunday. Little actions can have a great impact!

The Lehmann's said...

Looks like a great weekend! And yay for walk/runs (that's how I roll too!)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Totally agree with on Earth Day! Congrats on finishing the race! I thought Limitless was a great movie!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...