Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where We've Been

The past few /days/ weeks have been heaping scoops of crazy, especially this last week.

So here's what we've been up to, in a google-calendar-threw-up-and-we-turned-it-into-a-post-sort-of-way:

{One}

My wonderful [second] cousins came into town to celebrate the soon-to-be-bride and I had a lovely time at her bachelorette party. I'm thrilled she invited me out, because I won't be able to make it to the wedding. At least I got to celebrate a little! It was so fun!

{Two}

We helped out at a local homeless shelter for the second time this Sunday with my parents' church. I forgot how much fun it was and God definitely used it to put my mind back into a missional, and so grateful standpoint.

    For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." (Matthew 25:35-36 ESV)

    Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ (Matthew 25:37-40 ESV)
 
With my brother


 After serving, he's so handsome!



{Three}

Sunday evening, we headed to a timeshare/resort where hubband's sweet family had booked several rooms. Nail-painting, pool-laying, BBQing, conversation-ing, and all sorts of fun followed.

{Four}

We just returned to reality this morning (although we both did work yesterday, but we were still staying at the resort), but only temporarily, because Friday afternoon, we're off to Bisbee-ish for some serious R & R, Kartchner Caverns (which I always want to spell Kartchner Kaverns...), Tombstone, and a celebration of an entire year of marriage.

Can you believe it? Well, probably you can.

{Five}

We're seeing Fun. tonight! We've had these tickets for months and I can't believe it's finally time! They are absolutely my second favorite band ever, because no one, not anyone will ever take Relient K's place in my heart.

{Six}

One more thing. Our offer was accepted. Like officially, with paperwork and such. And honestly, we're thrilled, but not too thrilled, because we still have inspection and appraisal. So, we're thrilled, just little thrilled. /Like this thrilled/. We could own a house soon! Gulp! And if so, we would close SOON, so hubband and I have gotten our bums into gear saving as much extra as we can for those potential upcoming expenses.

{Seven}

Just to be lucky, we're adding the number seven. ooh! Also, this is a good place to mention that we're linking up with the lovely and talented Sar at Love Love Sar... this fine day! You should too!!! 

7 comments:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

real paperwork?! awesome! truly, there is nothing better than owning a home. ours was a fixer-upper, so nothing special, but we've made it our own. and I wouldn't trade it for anything. good luck with everything!

Katie said...

I may need an attitude adjustment but Fun seriously drives me nuts. Maybe I should listen to the rest of their album rather than hearing the same song on the radio 12 times an hour. Probably should do that. :)

Sar said...

Congratulations for the homeownership! So excited for you!

Also, something that is near and dear to my heart: community missions. I love that you've been helping out with the local homeless shelter; I have been blessed by the Waco homeless and hope to keep contact with the amazing people there when I leave. God is good!

Thanks for linking up, Adrienne!

Tamara said...

Yay for a house! See, I told you I could feel something awesome coming! :)

Lindsey said...

I am SO excited for you guys!! Praying the inspection and appraisal go smooth friend!!!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Wow, So many exciting things! Happy Anniversary and big congrats on the house. Hope everything else goes smoothly!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting about the house! That's great!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...