Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Awww, shucks!



Evening all, we've just returned from our anniversary trip, loved and refreshed. It was absolutely one of our favorite trips, right up there with our honeymoon.

A post about this recent mini-vacay to Bisbee-ish is in the works! In the meantime, we're happy completely psyched to report that thanks to this lovely friend, Melissa at Forever and a Day, we're now proud owners parents to not one- but TWO blog awards! Thanks! Now forgive us as we blush and say, "awww shucks!"

Well, before we get lost in aimless gratitude towards our moms, junior high English teachers, and childhood goldfish...[ I sure did love Jaws] the awards!





This one comes with 7 random factoids about the geniuses nerds behind the pen... err keyboard.

So awesome, right?

  1. We both were born and raised in Arizona, right around where we live now, which is actually really rare for this state! OH except I've never been to the Grand Canyon, which is sad. And if our families weren't here, we probably wouldn't be either.
  2. I have a cousin who just got drafted to play for the Miami Mariners, which is crazy, because I remember him playing baseball as a kiddo-- now this!
  3. I don't really like Disneyland... It's usually crowded and busy, and I've never had a great experience. Sorry... I know. Maybe that'll change someday? And that doesn't mean we don't love Disney movies. My favorites were are "Pocahontas" and "Mulan"- I always loved the Tomboys... And hubband's was is "Aladdin"
  4. My favorite beer is Dos Equis or Blue Moon or Shock Top and Hubband loves him some Guiness.
  5. We have written a few songs together and done a few covers that maybe someday might make it to You Tube. Or maybe not.
  6.  Hubband hated running initially. The only reason he started was because he wasn't comfortable with me running alone at night. He's sort of... indifferent now. 
  7. Hubband and I both really don't like the color pink. And I KNOW. I'm totally a poor excuse for a lady, but, I just do not like it!
There ya have it! Now, I nominate Brittany, Tamara, Kelsey Megan, Lauryn, Katie, Kris, Carla, and Faith!

Ladies, you rock and I'm glad I get to say so! Here are the rules! Now the...

 
[Award]

Such a fun way to spread the love in the blogging world! 

The rules are this one are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you in your post
2. Put the Liebster blog button in your post  
3. Nominate your 5 favorite bloggers with less than 200 GFC followers
4. Let them know that you nominated them 

So, without further ado, these five blogs are more than deserving of a fun award!

2. Megan @ Girl Meets Life
3. Monica @ Blessed Mama

Thanks for your support all!

Thanks again to Melissa, we've absolutely loved following along on her fun adventures! And she's a newlywed- just like us! 

Happy [almost] Hump-day kids!


5 comments:

Lauryn said...

Thank you for the award Adrienne :) It's nice to be thought of!

Lindsey said...

You go girl, you deserve them!!

Tamara said...

Oh wow, thank you so much for the nomination! You are a sweetheart times a million!
Annnddd, I used to live in Arizona - Prescott Valley, what what?! My mom and brother still live in the area and we occasionally make it out there from good ol' Texas to visit...so..Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe?
{Sorry, couldn't resist! Hope this song is stuck in your head now!) Ha!

Tamara said...

Also, Pocohantas FTW! Just around the riverbend... even my hubband (love that word!) jams it with me :)

Melissa said...

Loved nominating you. I love your blog!

The key to Disneyland happiness? Weekdays during March. It is almost empty.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...