Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday Thoughts [Version 3.0]


 

[Linking up with Sar! You best too!]

 Some randoms, because we’re stinkers we’re still suuuuup-aaaa busy and can’t seem to throw together that anniversary post. In due time, loves. Also randoms are fun and awesome. So join us!


{Uno}

I feel like there's so much pressure on young couples to have babies or not have babies. Who knows, maybe it's just because we're in that  phase of life, or maybe I'm just sensitive to this [along with eeeeeeverything else]?
Either way, I feel as if there’s tons of pressure (maybe even self-created at times) to either start the baby-makin’ process or DON’T-HAVE-KIDS-WAIT-UNTIL-YOU’RE-SIXTY-TWO-AND-YOU’VE-HAD-AT-LEAST-TWENTY-SIX-YEARS-TOGETHER-AS-A-MARRIED-COUPLE. No? Just us? To me, this is such an individual (err, uhm, couplevidual?) decision and process, and there are no rules, studies, or anything that can really tell every couple when the best time to have kids is, if ever! Every couple has a different story, a different purpose, and God gives us all different plans for our lives. Everyone is different. You can’t really assign a rule to that. In other news, your advice to me people-with-babies-who-don't-really-know-me-or-my-husband-that-well? Moot.

{Two}

We get our keys tomorrow. I cannot believe it. This process and journey has been… arduous, if-you-will. But WE GET THE KEYS TO OUR HOUSE THAT WE OWN TOMORROW!

yaaaaaaaaaay!



[Kind of]

{Trois}

My birthday is Saturday and it’s the most wonderful day of the whole year! For my birthday, I’m getting a zoo house. It’s going to be really hard to top that present in the years to come…
 But seriously, I love my birthday. 
A lot.

{}
 
It’s funny to see my wonderful bloggy friends posting weather in their respective states. Mostly because I think we win

[Thank you weather.com]
 
Yeah, I know it’s probably not comparable, yeah yeah, acclimation, humidity blah blah blah.

But I still think we win. 

That’s kind of all right now in our lives/heads/ hearts.
Pray for our busy move this weekend.
And that no one dies from heat stroke.
(I’ve had heat stroke twice. No joke)

Happy Weekend friends!

We’ll be painting and decorating and nesting all weekend and then some!

Someday, we might even show you pictures! 
Maybe... 
;)

9 comments:

Sar said...

Oh gosh, your forcast looks like ours (but ours is more 106-108, not 108-110. Still, once you pass about 100, it all feels like hell.

Happy house-getting-week! Woooohooooo! Here's hoping it's amazing and wonderful and perfect for your couplevidual selves!

Obviously Obsessed said...

My husband and I have been married for 2 years and we can't seem to have a conversation with a loved one without having the "when are you going to have babies" question being thrown out there. ALL of my married/in committed relationships cousins and friends my age have at least 1 child already and I think they are all just ready for us to be next so I understand why they are asking, but seriously, I'm going to have kids when we want to have kids and no amount of pressure is going to make us get pregnant any sooner. AHHH, that felt good to get that off my chest!!

Good luck and remember it is a husband/wife decision and do it when you're ready not to make anyone else happy.

xoxo Amber
myobviousobsession.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Amen amen amen to your baby thoughts. I could not agree more!!! :) I feel the EXACT same way.

Yayaya for nesting, cannot wait for pics!

Jade :) said...

I know exactly how you feel, it seemed like before the wedding all people talked to you about was the wedding, and now that the wedding is over all they care about is, "what about kids?" and then they proceed to give you their unwarranted OPINION on rather or not YOU should have kids?! If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it, lady at the store that I just met two seconds ago! -.-

AND that temperature and moving, I'd about die! So sorry for you, BUT YAY!! On the brand new house!!

Tamara said...

I can completely relate the 'HAVE A BABY NOW PLEASE' that happened immediately after the husband and I got married. I had just turned 19. He was 21. The only thing we were interested in was who could do a keg stand the longest. It was really frustrating trying to explain to people that we're just not 'kid' people. Eventually we'd just say never. [I don't advise this]. It seemed easier at the time.
It took us 6 years [of marriage] to get to a point where we were willing to sacrifice our coupleviduality (haha) and make it a trio.
Every couple has their own adventure lined up for them, not anyone else. Having to explain a personal decision just sucks monkeyballs.

Anne said...

ug, hot hot hot! what state are you in? I'm in MI. And yes- I do work in law, I'm a paralegal. You? And congrats on the house and bday and anniversary!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Birthday friend! Enjoy your day and congrats on the house!!!

Samantha said...

That is HOT. I live in Oregon so even when it hits 85 degrees, you'll hear me complain. Guess I should just count my blessings, eh? haha
and while I can't relate to you on the baby thing, I definitely can see where you're coming from. You have the whole rest of your life to raise kids- the husband and wife time can just be yours for however long you choose. It's special :)

xo, samantha
sammyblackwood.com

Adrienne Bennett said...

Heyo!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...