Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Life Under Construction

Dear friends, I apologize in advance for the excess of smiley faces in this post. They are present in an attempt to express emotions in an otherwise bland sleep-deprived post, eh, c'est la vie. ;)

We finally got our keys on Friday around four. We had anticipated getting them earlier, but because it was the end of a month/the Friday before a major holiday, the process was S-L-O-W.

So, we finally got in, Hubband carried me across the threshold (slightly awkward considering our real estate agent's presence) and we were in! We admired our new digs quickly and got to work! We stayed that evening until 3AM painting, prepping, and getting everything ready to move. We finally got to bed, still at my parents', around 4AM and woke up again at 6AM- ON MY BIRTHDAY. :)

Friends, family, and altogether amazing people gathered on Saturday (MY BIRTHDAY) to help us move, unpack, and provide company and laughs to accompany our crazy day. We were able to get everything moved and still have time to put a few pieces of furniture together before going out for Sushi at night. I guess we were having too much fun to take any pictures because I don't have any! :)

Are you bored yet? No? Okay, then keep reading. *insert clever smiley face here*

Our current state of living can be described with a few phrases: utter chaos, complete shambles, a huge mess, etc, which isn’t to say things aren’t happening at a reasonable pace. Things just aren’t happening at the unrealistic pace I imagined. ;) Totally joking, things are moving along fairly well. Our clothes are in the proper places, we've done laundry, and our kitchen has food and a table. All astronomical wins in my book.

So, as I chug the last bit of my energy drink and get ready to begin the day, I can look around this crazy mess with a smile, because it's our crazy mess. 

Our feet throb, our legs are sore, we're developing permanent under-eye circles, and I think Hubband miiiight be developing a nervous twitch. Okay, joking on the last part, but it's all worth it, because this little house is ours to make into a home.


"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15



7 comments:

Anne said...

yay! and happy birthday :)

Courtney B said...

Happy belated Birthday! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

Tamara said...

So wonderful! Just two hours of sleep, totally worth it because...

YOU HAVE A HOME!! :) :) :) :)

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday friend!

Jade :) said...

Yay! What a GREAT birthday present!! :D

Stacy said...

Congrats on our new home! And happy belated birthday! I'm glad the move went well.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! That's so great that you've got moved in and all of your stuff is there! That's a huge part of the process so at least the hardest part is over. I'm so excited for you and your new home!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...