Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our Very Very First Anniversary [Part Two]

If you're new to LLF, you'll probably want to check out part one. Or not. Maybe you're a rebel. Or a ninja! Oooh!

Alright, where did I leave off? OH, that's right, we'd just fought off the monstrous rodents of unusual size. Wait, no, that's not it...

We'd just left the riparian area on this road.


Then we went through this tunnel



And saw more of Bisbee!


On our way back to the Bed and Breakfast, where we cleaned up and clambered on over to the town-part-thing of Bisbee.


On the way, doing what any bored lady with a camera does.


We stopped at the Lavender Pit first, an old open-pit copper mine.

It wasn't my first open-pit mine, but I was blown away nonetheless. As was hubband!





After standing in awe for awhile, we drove down the street to Old Town Bisbee




I don't really know if that's the actual name, but if not, it should be. It's genius.







After walking around for a bit, we stopped at Old Bisbee Brewing Company. 

They Brew the beer at their Brewery and then it travels underground to the bar (?) where we drank it! Pretty cool, huh? Well. LET-me-tell-ya, this beer was GOOD.

Sampling 


Following, we traveled about town, enjoying the little shops and galleries before heading back to our abode-away-from-abode. 

And we made dinner! One of the biggest perks of the B & B? A [relatively] full kitchen! 

Vodka Sauce Cooking, Pasta Boiling, and Garlic Searing


My very important sous chef.



Rigatoni pasta with Vodka sauce baked with sausage and mozzarella, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots.

So, basically, carbs.


That dinner + some wine basically ended our evening.

And with this, I leave you hanging. Next up, what we did on the [actual] night of our anniversary!

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a cute town! And seriously that dinner looks like it was MADE for me and my carb loving self. YUM!

Also love your Princess Bride reference ;) Fave!

Anne said...

that looks super yummy! fancy :) and that mine looks cool- I love touring stuff like that

Lindsey said...

That sampler looks delish! How fun!

Christina S said...

very cute blog!!

new follower :)

xo
Christina
livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

I want to come on your next anniversary!
My mom lives in Arizona and there's a little mining town called Jerome [it's an old mining town too] that we love! I actually got my bellybutton pierced there when I was 16 [my mom was way ahead of her time!]
It reminds me a lot of Bisbee.Which I may throw on our schedule to visit next time we're in AZ.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...