Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good Wife Tip # 1.0


As a good wife, I find that positive, open communication is vital to any growing relationship. As such, I have put together a little example demonstrating such levels of effective communication.

This example was pulled directly from Google Chat©, and is exemplary in demonstrating the previously mentioned point utilized over multimedia platforms.  

Jordan:  I am getting some more responsibility soon
Part my job will be Assistant Secondary System Admin

Me:  what is an assistant secondary system admin?
is that an elephant?
are you going to be an elephant?
I like elephants, but don't you think you'd make a better giraffe?

Jordan:  System Admin is Walter*, Secondary is Icabod*. Icabod* is in Uganda, so when he is unable to do something, I am the backup to Icabod*

Me:  or gazelle? Maybe you could bring this up in your next team meeting.
I feel like these are really strong points

Jordan:  They are
strong points

Me:  so you're Icabod*'s assistant?
are we moving to Uganda?

Jordan:  no

Me:  no we're not moving to Uganda?

Jordan:  It will be 10% of my job

Me:  or no you're not Icabod*'s assistant?
I like Uganda

Jordan: ...

Me:  except
what about our house?
who's going to live in our house?

Jordan:  An Alien

Me:  like from Mexico?

Jordan:  no
Venezuela

Me:  this is going on the blog
so you know


*names altered for confidentiality

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I love documenting for the blog and hubs knows I'm serious. Too good not to!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

haha this happens all too often! Glad you aren't leaving us for Uganda ;)

Veronica Lee Burns said...

haha awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...